Are you trying to find something different for the next summer season? Why not sewing T-shirt dress to cheer up your summer.
What You Need
To create a T-shirt dress, there are some materials that you will need.
- Fabric pencil
- Straight pins
- Sewing machine with a ballpoint needle
- Matching thread
- Knit tank in matching colors
How to Sew It
Sewing T-shirt dress needs you to do the following steps
- First, fold the fabric in half in a straight and nice position. Then fold the fabric in half once again and then mark it.
- Next, you need to fold the tank top in half. Make sure it acrosses its length. Mark the tank top to make a hole and then cut it.
- Mark a line half an inch just below the knit fabric.
- Cut the marked line on the T-shirt.
- The next thing to do is match the seams on both sides of the tank top.
- Match the center part of the tank’s front area to the slit’s one end.
- The next thing you should do is strip the knit by using a pin.
- Sew the knit fabric and tank top then cut the hem.
- Sew the strips and then make enough ruffles. You can place the ruffles on the neck to add a dramatic touch to the dress.