There are several ways to sewing darts in pants that can make your pants look extraordinary and different from the usual pants. Darts pants are small folds of fabrics created by sewing the shapes of triangular in a piece of clothing. You can create straight triangular darts in a pair of pants that can create better shaping and also fit with the area in the waistband. You just need to adjust the size in most of pants patterns, but this technique is also helpful for tailor the pant pattern to fit with your curves.
- Sew the sides fabrics and inseam the pants use swing patterns. Try the pants before sewing the waistband to the pants.
- Measure the darts placements. You can place two darts in front and back of waistband, or just a single dart in the back or front pants.
- Put the pants pair in inside out. Create small fold in the areas of fabrics where you mark with a fabric marker to pinch away the excess of fabric and shape it into your waist.
- Create triangular fold in the point where the pins start and end.
- Make sure that the darts you create in each side have same length and width
- Stitch the triangular pleat use the pins as the guide.